Thanks so much for visiting! I’m Ishita, Founder and creator of this website. I’m passionate about Italy & everything Italian. I chose the name “Italophilia” for my blog because it defines me completely!
What is Italophilia??
Italophilia is a quite simply the admiration and emulation of Italian lifestyle, culture and people.
In 2013, I traveled to Italy for the first time and completely fell in love with its culture! Since then I have been reading, writing and traveling to Italy every chance I get. Over the years, I also decided to learn Italian to feel closer to the Italian culture.
With a heart and soul connection to Italy, I often feel I was an Italian in some past life of mine (Who knows!) But I have no Italian blood or connection.
I simply eat, live and breathe Italy.
I’ve been fortunate to have traveled in Italy in the past decade and made many connections and friends along the way. In India, a meager percentage of the population know Italian and I’m honored to be able to bring two very similar cultures close together.
Grazie mille for stopping by!
- Books that give an itch to visit South Italy
- 103 Other Adventures In and Around Rome – a must read for Italophiles
- Book Review: South of Somewhere by Robert Camuto
- Women in Translation- 3 Italian Authors You Must Read
- Midnight in the Piazza- an art mystery set in Rome
- 5 Non fiction books to understand Italy better
Open my heart and you will see graved inside of it, Italyrobert browning