In my past posts you would have read about Gio and Francesco from Green Italy Tours who very happily showed me around Puglia. One of the places I visited with them was the adorable little town of Alberobello.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site since the year 1996, Alberobello is in the Itria Valley of Puglia. The entire town is dotted with little cone shaped homes called “Trullo” (plural: Trulli) which makes it a popular tourist destination. Imagine thousands of trulli together!
You might ask, but what is there to do in Alberobello?? Well nothing really and everything at the same time. The town itself is so unique that taking a walk is what I would suggest. The locals are warm and welcoming to help you for any query!
WHAT TO DO IN ALBEROBELLO:
- See the Hobbit type homes and the many shops around.
- Visit the Museo del Territorio to know about 16th century Alberobello.
- See the Church of Sant Antonio.
- Stop for a lunch at Ristorante La Cantina and enjoy the Pugliese spread of burrata and fresh olives! Book in advance.
- Buy yourself a postcard of i trulli.
- Talk to locals!!
Alberobello is an enchanting town. Imagine this is where people live and go about their normal life! I heard a couple fighting about the way lunch was made from inside a trullo. It wasn’t pleasant to the ears!! 😉 Have you been to Alberobello??