Situated just 45 minutes away from Perugia, Le Ginestre Greppolischieto is a small borgo with only TWO inhabitants!! Yes you read that right- TWO!! This little village makes for a great day trip from Perugia. Greppolischieto has a tiny piazza, picturesque lanes and stunning countryside views.
My Umbrian Wanderlust in Le Ginestre Greppolischieto
There are no cafes or trattorias here, only uninhabited homes and lost stories. The little village is an absolute stunner yet slightly haunting too. Everything is eerily quiet and empty. It is undoubtedly a special corner of Umbria!
Walking around this place was a teensy bit sad. As I looked around carefully at the neatly potted plates and the immaculate area, I realized whether it was one or two people living, they kept the place well worth the stay!
How to reach:
Greppolischieto can be reached by car on the route to Citta del Pieve or Castello Montegiove from Perugia. This side of Umbria doesn’t have a train station but there are are several B&Bs in a span of 5 kms.
- Books that give an itch to visit South Italy
- As the Romans Do: 10 Magnificent Quotes by Alan Epstein
- Best way to learn Italian on your own
- 103 Other Adventures In and Around Rome – a must read for Italophiles
- What to Eat in Rome besides Pizza and Pasta